Hit enter after type your search item

Methods completely agree on the election outcome


Today, Polly predicts that Clinton will end up with 52.7% of the national two-party vote. This leaves 47.3% for Trump. There is a consensus currently dominating the six available component methods. Each of them predict a lead for Clinton.

Coming in closest to PollyVote's prediction are expert surveys with a vote share of 52.7% for Clinton. The prediction markets present the largest difference from PollyVote's forecast and predict Clinton to have 55.9% of the vote.

A trend favoring Clinton has appeared in the expectation polls, the prediction markets and the expert surveys. The trend continued for the longest time in the expert surveys — within 19 days Clinton's vote share has increased by 2.1 percentage points.

The econometric models forecast of 50.3% for the candidate of the Democratic party is rather low compared to previous elections. In fact, this is the method's lowest forecast at that time in the campaign since 2004, when John Kerry ran against George W. Bush. At that time, econometric models predicted a vote share of 46.2% for John Kerry.

This article was automatically generated by the PollyBot, which uses algorithms developed by AX Semantics to generate text from data stored in our API. The exact dataset underlying this particular article can be found here.

Please let us know if you find any typos, missing words, or grammatical errors. Your feedback helps us to further improve the quality of the texts.

This div height required for enabling the sticky sidebar